I don’t even know where to start. I’m exhausted from the weekend and homework assignments that have kept me up until after 11:00 pm! I like my sleep, I become grumpy and disoriented without enough sleep. Last night, I got just over 5 hours of sleep. 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See how important that was – check out all the exclamation marks!
Anyway, I lack the brain power for a complete post… so I’m doing a list:
- I started off okay today, then I got on the commuter train and happened to sit next to the stinkiest man – evah! He smelled like BO and dirty cigarette smoke. I’m sure he was a lovely person, I was in no mood for stinky this morning.
- I think my laptop is possessed. This morning, on the train, I had the big idea that I was going to finish some homework. I couldn’t turn it on, tried again, couldn’t get it to connect to the internet. Then the monitor flickered, then it shut itself off. I called Mikey for help, but there is only so much he can do. I know he’s probably going to fix my laptop – but it’s not stopping me from drooling over a new one. One that weighs less than 20 lbs…
- I had a great time visiting with Lori and her new little bambino this past weekend. He’s a doll and it was so nice to just hang out and talk. We have a lot of history together, I felt so comfortable being around her because of that history. We also laughed and laughed!! While visiting Iona and her mom, I told a story of when Michael and I went to Vegas and saw a burlesque show at the Forty Deuce. It’s fab there! Anyway, we started laughing and laughing. It’s too much to go into, but let’s just say it was hi-larious!
- I changed my major at school. I am actually taking classes that I like! Huzzah!
- I’m having a garage sale. Our garage is now full and we need to clear the crap. Besides, I have no place to put my fabulous lockers … hopefully I won’t have to negotiate with Brody and Evan on which crap I should keep versus sell.
- I have a lot of work to do, but lack the motivation to accomplish anything. My boss even suggested I come in late tomorrow… just so I can catch up on my sleep. I think I will take him up on it.
- We are slowly clearing the clutter out of our house. I’m totally revamping the boys’ room. I had Michael install shelves in the closet. I will (hopefully) be organizing (that’s code for throwing out) their toys tonight. I think we are going to take the desk apart for a while, the boys are only using it as a step stool to the higher walls and ceiling. They have enough crap in their room.
- I love the way my phone at work sounds when I hang it up. It’s got that delightful “click” when I set the handset back into the cradle. It’s the small things.
- Lori and I had pizza at this wood fired pizza place in Bellingham and the waiter (who was young enough to be my … um younger brother) flirted shamelessly with me. It’s good to be wanted. Oh and the pizza was good too. They have this amazing salad dressing… not to mention the added bonus of having cute waiters to make me feel ridiculous and old… it was great!
- Lori’s little man, the newest member of her herd, is absolutely gorgeous! He’s adorable and wee… and had that lovely baby smell.
- There is a woman at work who I love and hate at the same time. Is that possible? She’s so talented and smart… but then there are times when I want to push her out the window. Like today… because I have no patience for people right now.
- We are on the official countdown until the boys go to Canada. We leave in exactly 1 month!
- I’ve finally submitted tuition reimbursement forms for my work today! hello CASH!
- I have a lofty to-do list for this week and have managed to cross NOTHING off of it. Michael can check off “build shelves” because he’s the man!
- I met a really nice guy (who happens to be deaf) on the drive home from Washington. I always meet the most interesting people! I stopped for the night and went to the casino across the street (too tired to drive, but not too tired for blackjack!). We spent some time talking about our kids, our jobs, the cards (we were playing blackjack). Anyway, he taught me to swear in sign language. He also taught me other useful signs.. like ‘fart’ and “i like” – Brody is in the midst of their sign language project at school and I was the hero when i showed him how to sign “FART.”
There you have it… my week in bullet form.